University of Southern California

SCampus Student Guidebook

Academic Resources

Overseas Study Programs

Peter Hilton, Student Programs Manager
(213) 740-3636
College House (CLH) 201

Many of USC’s semester- and year-long international study programs are administered by the Office of Overseas Studies in the Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences. These programs enable you to study in a different educational and cultural context. Programs are available for a semester or for an academic year. Some of the programs require proficiency in the language of the host country; others are conducted in English. When you study abroad for a semester or year, you receive regular USC course credit and may apply financial aid to any semester- or year-long program described in the USC Catalogue.

Courses taken abroad on overseas study programs not approved by USC must be reviewed and pre-approved by the Office of Degree Progress prior to enrollment. For additional information, you can call the Office of Degree Progress at (213) 740-7070.

Semester study-abroad programs are also offered by the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, the School of Architecture, the Marshall School of Business, the Roski School of Fine Arts, the School of Cinematic Arts and the Viterbi School of Engineering. For descriptions, see the USC Catalogue.

International Summer Session

The International Summer Session features many overseas courses each year for undergraduates and graduates. Information about these programs is available from the school or department offering them as well as in the summer Schedule of Classes.

Graduate Study Abroad

The Office of Academic and International Fellowships provides information and assistance to students applying for nationally competitive scholarships, including the Fulbright Grants for graduate study and research abroad, Rhodes Scholaships, Luce Scolarships, Marshall Scholarships and several others. For more information call (213) 740-9116 or visit

Post a Comment