University grounds and facilities may not be used for the purposes of camping, which includes but is not limited to the use of tents or temporary, makeshift or portable structures intended for living or sleeping.
On an exceptional basis, the Vice Provost for Student Affairs or appropriate designee may grant permission for USC students to erect tents with the following stipulations:
- Tents may only be erected for an approved number of days, normally three to five days when school is regularly in session;
- Tents must be broken down (disassembled) from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
- A maximum of three tents (designed for no more than two persons) may be erected on campus when an exception is granted;
- The presence of tents may not interfere with normal university operations and may not damage university property (e.g., stakes in the ground);
- The location of tents may not impede pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
Revised January 2013.