Social Events Policy
In order to enhance the academic experience of all students at the University of Southern California, major social events and sponsored parties are to take place on Friday and Saturday and not preceding days when classes are scheduled.
1. Formally organized parties and dances may be scheduled only between 3 p.m. on Friday through 5 p.m. on Sunday.
2. Typically, activities governed by this policy have one or more of the following characteristics:
Of these items, the presence of alcohol is the single most important aspect of events which are considered unacceptable on evenings preceding days on which classes are scheduled.
3. No social events may take place during stop days or final exams.
4. This policy is not designed to discourage events which:
5. All aspects of such events, including advertising, should reflect the intent of this policy.
6. All events should be scheduled following the normal procedures of the university and all clearances normally required must still be obtained.